29 October 2006

Better Now...

"Let the word out
I've got to get out
Oh, I'm feeling better now..."

Seriously, I can't ever say that I'm "feeling better now" without getting that Collective Soul song in my head. And considering how often I use the phrase, I guess that means that "Better Now" is the theme song of my life (and not just a Special K commercial). Haha. Oh well. It's a good thing I adore the song. Someday if I ever make it to one of their concerts, I'll be waiting all night for them to play it, just so I can scream "THE WORLD'S DONE SHAKING ME DOWN" at the top of my lungs.

Okay, that was totally random. Maybe I ought to start this post over. But really, all I wanted to say was that I'm mostly over being sick now. Apparently my head hasn't recovered yet, but whatever. I'm mostly here.

Oh, and another thing: GO SEE THE PRESTIGE. It is very good. It kept me and my boyfriend guessing the whole time...and that's saying something, since he can usually spot a plot twist a mile away. Yeah, it's a crazy movie, well written and well executed. I haven't been to the theater and left that satisfied in a long time.

And anyway, who can resist a Christian Bale movie? Apparently I can't. Friday night as I was walking into the lobby to meet my friends to see it, I got a call from my sister-in-law. She said, "Hey, we're just looking at movie listings, have you seen The Prestige yet?" When I told her I was on the verge, she laughed and said, "Well, we knew if you hadn't seen it yet you'd be going pretty soon! Can't resist that what's-his-name!"

It's true. He's the best.

2 comments:

The Adventurer said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. I actually watched an older Christian Bale movie this weekend, well kinda... I saw parts of it, even though it is my movie. Totally all about Little Women! My roommate was watching it when I came back from camping yesterday (yes, I, of all people, went camping) and I just happened to let myself get lost in one of the greatest classics of all time. I remember watching that movie when i was younger and always went to my grandma's after school and how it used to mess up a lot, but that was before 5.50 walmart dvds :-D

Sorry for the really long comment. I guess i could write a blog now, but i have no motivation and really nothing new to say... Maybe i could finally post pics of Deutschland? who knows...

-Me

Abe said...

I can't wait to see it. You should see "The Departed" if you don't mind a lot of violence and depression, it was excellent.

It's 2007. So What's the Big Deal?

Happy New Year! You know, this is the first year in a long time that I've actually made a New Year's Resolution. Here it is: GET MAR...