21 October 2006

Oh the Pain!

I have a friend whose favorite saying used to be, "Oh the pain!" I find myself saying it a lot these days, since my shoulders and back are in constant pain. Muscle tension. Yowch. I am wearing these medicated (menthol) patches right now, which are helping some, but overall I'm a little annoyed with them. First of all, they're insanely sticky, so I get all this sticky goo on my hands every time I put one on, no matter how careful I am. Second of all, if you put one in the wrong place, it doesn't exactly peel off neatly. Yeah, it's a big mess and a wasted patch. Third, they stink to high heaven. I think I smell like a big walking cough drop right now. Eww. Mental note: no more patches.

But other than that, life is going well. I went out with my boyfriend to have pizza and play the arcade yesterday, and I think that went well. He beat me at air hockey, and I didn't even care all that much. :) With our tickets that we won, I got a bouncy ball with a fake $100 bill in it (why not?), and he got these hilarious fake plastic teeth. They're like hillbilly, or maybe pirate teeth. When he put them on and started doing a rambling impersonation of white trash ("Well, I was down at the truck stop the other day...") I thought I would die laughing. I'm pretty sure it's the funniest thing I've seen all year. Unfortunately, the rest of you missed it. You should ask him to break out his fake teeth sometime. :)

Carino's for lunch: amazing. I love Italian food, even the Americanized version. :)

And now I'm just relaxing for a while. Tonight a couple of my girlfriends are coming over to watch movies. I haven't sat down and watched a movie since...well, okay, my boyfriend and I watched one last night, but before that I hadn't watched in movie in several weeks, at least. That's crazy for me. I mean, I haven't even caught up on the movies I missed this summer yet (X-Men 3, Pirates of the Caribbean 2, Superman). I've got some ground to make up!

1 comment:

The Adventurer said...

So, i recently (today) changed my major. I'm so excited!!! i'm now.... *Dun dun dun!* a religion major. Oh the excitement!!!!

It's 2007. So What's the Big Deal?

Happy New Year! You know, this is the first year in a long time that I've actually made a New Year's Resolution. Here it is: GET MAR...