21 November 2006

Thanksgiving! Yum!

I might actually get a chance to sit down and write a little over Thanksgiving, but just in case I don't, here's my holiday post.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday, even more than Christmas, when it comes to the actual celebrating. (Christmas kicks its butt, though, in the music category. Just ask Robin. Thanksgiving songs are usually either boring, or stupid, or a combination of both.) My family always celebrates Thanksgiving Day with our favorite friends, a family who lives about 45 minutes away. We go to their house, chatter all morning, eat a HUGE Thanksgiving feast around 2:00 (heck yeah baby), then settle in for the Cowboys game while we digest (the women not interested in football usually opt for a nap instead). Then maybe a movie, then after we've recovered from all that turkey, out come the board games! I really like games that involve lots of hollering. I remember last year we laughed till we cried when we were playing Outburst. (More was bursting out than just words, if you take my meaning.) Mad Gab is a favorite too. It's just the best day ever. My only problem this year is that my brother won't be here to celebrate it with us. I'm not gonna lie, I'll probably start crying at some point. But it'll be okay. I'm going to see him next month, so it all comes out alright in the end.

Feel free to share any fun Thanksgiving traditions of your own (if you haven't already documented them on your own sites, like good little bloggers).

I'm going to class now. Last one before the break!

No comments:

It's 2007. So What's the Big Deal?

Happy New Year! You know, this is the first year in a long time that I've actually made a New Year's Resolution. Here it is: GET MAR...