04 December 2006

Advent

The Christmas season, for me, is/has been/will be absolutely amazing this year.

In the Bible study I've been teaching this fall, we've been going through the Old Testament, looking at how God was showing grace to His people through the old covenant. During our last session, we focused on the minor prophets and their Messianic prophecies. After being immersed in Old Testament writings, and looking, as it were, through the eyes of an ancient Jew, these advent prophecies stir my heart in a way I've never experienced before. Celebrating Christmas, and the birth of the promised Messiah, means more to me now than it ever has. My prayer for you this Christmas is that the Lord would stir your affections as well, as you contemplate just how amazing it is that our Savior, the Son of Man, humbled himself to put on flesh and live on the earth as one of us. How awesome is that???

Zecheriah 2:10-13
10 "Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion! For behold, I am coming and I will dwell in your midst," says the LORD. 11 "Many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and they shall become My people. And I will dwell in your midst. Then you will know that the LORD of hosts has sent Me to you. 12 And the LORD will take possession of Judah as His inheritance in the Holy Land, and will again choose Jerusalem. 13 Be silent, all flesh, before the LORD, for He is aroused from His holy habitation!" NKJV

No comments:

It's 2007. So What's the Big Deal?

Happy New Year! You know, this is the first year in a long time that I've actually made a New Year's Resolution. Here it is: GET MAR...