06 December 2006

Last Day!

Today is the last day of classes. For me, it's the last day of class in my last fall semester. Whoo-hoo!

Don't get me wrong, I love college, but it's very exciting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Of course, "last day of class" means the beginning of finals, but that's okay with me. I don't really worry that much about finals, and mine are pretty evenly spread out this year, so no big deal. I actually enjoy finals week a lot, since everyone's still around, but a lot of us (engineers being a major exception) have more time to goof off than we did during the semester. After finals, though, everyone goes home, and I'm stuck here just working. It's relaxing, I'm sure, but tragically boring.

I do have one really fun thing to do during the break, though. I'm flying to South Carolina next week to go see my brother and my sister-in-law. This is the first time I'll see my brother since he got married in May. Whew. It's been forever! I think I'm finally starting to get used to life without him, but it's still hard sometimes. This trip will therefore be a very welcome treat. Plus, I love travelling to new places. South Carolina may not sound very exotic, but my bro says things are definitely a bit weird over there. Before he went into the service and was stationed in the South (Alabama and now SC), I always imagined that Southerners were pretty similar to us Texans in most ways, with maybe a few slight variations in accent and dialect from region to region. We're all kinda similar, us non-Yankees, right? WRONG. From what my bro says, I ought to bring my passport to get down there! Even the food is totally different. He says he's going to make me try boiled peanuts (apparently a local favorite, but it sounds disgusting, doesn't it?), although we can stay away from the so-called "barbecue." Haha. There will be pics and posts for y'all when I get back, of course.

Well, I could keep rambling for a while, but whatever. A lot is going on outwardly in my life right now, but nothing particularly worth writing about. I've also been living in my head a lot, but none of that is particularly good posting material either. So I'm quitting while I'm ahead. Don't want to be late for my last Greek class, anyway...

:)

1 comment:

The Adventurer said...

say hi to your bro for me. we should get together post SC, pre-spring semester :)

-krazy k

It's 2007. So What's the Big Deal?

Happy New Year! You know, this is the first year in a long time that I've actually made a New Year's Resolution. Here it is: GET MAR...