29 October 2005

Four-Year Degree, etc.

I found out something wonderful today. Instead of graduating in May of 2008, I am graduating in May of 2007! Seriously, I can graduate in four years like normal people! It's complicated and boring to explain, but I've always thought I needed 5 years to graduate, but I actually sat down and looked at it all today, and I can easily graduate an entire year earlier than I was thinking.

Woo hoo!

A life without school...ah, what an idea. I like to think about what I'd do. Take up crocheting again, learn how to quilt, read books I actually want to read, cook regularly and actually do the dishes on a daily basis...ah. It'll be nice. Someday sooner than I thought. :)

In other news, Tech won today. Yay! It was a sloppy game all the way around, though. For a while there we couldn't complete a pass to save our lives. I was biting my nails off and yelling at the TV: "Who are you people and what have you done with my football team?!!" or "Agh! Please play football!" That may sound strange, but I like to talk back to the TV, especially when no one's around to be weirded out. Horror movies inspire me the most; I'm always yelling at the characters, "NO! Don't go down the dark alley!! That crazy demon guy you've seen 10 times always hangs out in dark alleys!!!" Et cetera. Yeah, plain old horror movies aren't my favorite. Around Halloween everyone starts breaking out the scary flicks, but I'm not really a fan. I like thrillers, like The Machinist or What Lies Beneath, where it's suspenseful and you're thinking hard trying to figure out what's going on, but I really don't like the movies with demons or slimy monsters or what have you. The demonic stuff is just too scary, since after all the devil is real and not to be taken lightly. And the slimy monster movies are just annoying. White Noise was one I saw recently, and it creeped me out and then irritated me because it had no ending! And the Scream movies are just flat-out stupid. But the old silent horror movies are great. I remember last Halloween my boyfriend and my roommate and I sat up watching a 1920's silent film version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and it was probably one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen. Usually silent movies strike me as just kind of cheesy and ancient, but in this case, I think the lack of talking made it more sinister. It sure gave me the heeby-jeebies. But of course, it was 3 in the morning. Things are always scarier in the wee hours of the morning. :)

Gaude! Una hora somni addita!

No comments:

It's 2007. So What's the Big Deal?

Happy New Year! You know, this is the first year in a long time that I've actually made a New Year's Resolution. Here it is: GET MAR...