26 November 2005

A Lovely Day

Today has been a lovely day:

1. I slept late, again. :)

2. When I got up, a hot breakfast was waiting for me. Yay for my brother.

3. Thanksgiving is over, so I get to listen to Christmas music!

4. I rearranged my bookcases. That may sound odd, but I really enjoy rearranging my bookcases. Every time I take a book off the shelf, I remember how much I enjoyed it. It's kind of like looking through a favorite photo album. Except that I don't take pictures. Anyway...

5. I finished a book that I started a couple of days ago. It was a good one, one of those fun fantasies with lots of odd names.

6. I got a new car.

7. My brother's fiance (you know, Saxy) was here, and we're always thick as thieves when she's around.

8. Saxy and I saw Pride and Prejudice, the new movie, this afternoon. It was wonderful. I just love that Mr. Darcy. My sentimental heart just beats wildly at the thought that he and, oh, whatever her name is, will truly, honestly end up together. :)

So there you go. A great day. I'm about to go book shopping to, um, celebrate. And to buy books, of course. Can you think of a better day than this?

4 comments:

Jill said...

what kind of car?! seriously, you can't just throw things like that out and expect us not to wonder!

sounds like a great Thanksgiving for you!

Rambling Rose Cottage said...

You have had a lovely holiday! I simply can't listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving. It seems unnatural. I've been wondering how that new P & P movie is. How does he compare with Colin Firth? Have fun book shopping!

Jennifer R. said...

How does he compare? Well...he's just right for the role of Darcy, yet somehow quite different from Colin Firth's Darcy. I don't know exactly how to put my finger on it. Maybe if I think about it for a while and get my old English-major juices flowing I might could describe exactly how he's different...but that would take a while. Suffice it to say he's equally wonderful, in a different, perhaps more subtle, way. Just see it sometime!

GravyGal said...

We finally saw 'The Importance of Being Earnest' - what a great movie! Laughed a lot especially at the end with all the confusion of names, and poor old Bunbury! ;)

Thanks for letting us borrow it.
E

It's 2007. So What's the Big Deal?

Happy New Year! You know, this is the first year in a long time that I've actually made a New Year's Resolution. Here it is: GET MAR...