23 May 2006

They Tied the Knot!!!

Hey all! I have had one of the most exciting weekends ever. I came out of it a little frazzled...but it's okay, since it wasn't about me. It was about my brother and his wife (it feels weird typing that...), and their beautiful wedding. I don't have any "official" pics, but here are a few preliminaries that my boyfriend took.
* * *
The handsome lieutenant (yeah, that's my brother y'all!) watches as his bride enters to "Canon in D" by Pachelbel

My dad reads scripture from Ephesians.

Bridesmaids (left to right: me, Stacie, Mary, Kristy)

Newly pronounced man and wife.

My roommate Alisha and I, smiling over cake at the reception.

My boyfriend Eric and I, tired after dancing but still liking each other... :)

The getaway!


In case you noticed, yes, the bride changed dresses. She wore her grandmother's gown for the ceremony and her mother's gown (with its more manageable skirt) for the dancing at the reception. I wish I had a picture of their first waltz together.* It was very sweet. The reception was a good, long party with lots of food, plenty of room, and lots of great friends, family, and of course, dancing! It was great. I hope the couple enjoyed it as least as much as I did!

I'm out!

*More pics courtesy Bobby:

* * *

The hit men.


The waltz.

2 comments:

Jill said...

congratulations to your family! and the mom/reception dress is absolutely gorgeous, and so retro!

Anonymous said...

omgoodness! I can't believe he's MARRIED!!! Well, it's always great to have a sis-in-law (I've had one for almost 12 years! LOL I feel old!)

Weddings are a beautiful thing. I'm sure they'll be happy.

Love ya!

It's 2007. So What's the Big Deal?

Happy New Year! You know, this is the first year in a long time that I've actually made a New Year's Resolution. Here it is: GET MAR...