13 October 2005

A Better Day

Well, today was a much better day than yesterday. Hehe it had to be! My car is now fixed, and every time I start the engine I squeal, "Yay!" I'll probably be doing that for a month. I really appreciate my independence now that I have my transportation back. I ran around all over the place this afternoon. My mom came to town to transport me around while my car was in the shop, and that was really fun. We shopped and talked and had a pretzel together at the mall. Pretzels from Pretzelmaker (garlic pretzels!) are just heavenly, and they taste even better when I eat them with my mom. It's kind of a tradition of ours. Occasionally if I'm at the mall without her, I'll get one, but it never tastes nearly as good. I just kind of chew it up and that's it. It's a bummer.

I'll tell you what else is a bummer...my boss is leaving. I work in a pharmacy, and he's been our pharmacist-in-charge ever since I started. It's a sad thing to see him go. My being sad is kind of ironic, too, because when I first started, and for about the first year, he made me really uncomfortable somehow, and I really didn't enjoy working for him. Mostly this was because I found him really hard to read, so I could never tell if I was measuring up to his standards, or whatever. But after a long enough time of working with him, I guess I figured him out enough to be perfectly comfortable with him, and even to develop a certain fondness for him. He's been a good boss, and we've always respected each other. And now...who knows what kind of person will replace him? That's life, though...always changing on you. I bet everything will be just fine. :)

Okay, time for Bible study. I think we're studying Acts 6, which is the beginning of Stephen's story. Stephen the martyr...I'm glad we're studying about him, because he was amazing. So fearless...I just hope that someday, if I'm called upon to do so, that the Holy Spirit would make me just as fearless.

Hey, have a good night y'all...

No comments:

It's 2007. So What's the Big Deal?

Happy New Year! You know, this is the first year in a long time that I've actually made a New Year's Resolution. Here it is: GET MAR...