12 October 2005

Everything Breaks at Once!!!

Okay, so why does everything have to break at once? I am so frustrated right now. When I get off work this evening (late), my car won't start. This is frustrating. So then I decide to call my brother, but my phone says it's out of service. So I walk over to a payphone and call him, and he comes to give me a boost. Then I drive home, and on the way try to call my dad to tell him about my car, and my phone still won't work. So then I decide to turn off my phone and turn it on again, just in case it's the actual phone with the problem. I turn it off, and it freezes on the "goodbye I'm a Samsung phone" screen. It's still frozen there. My phone is broken.

So then, I decide to go to the Sprint store to get a new phone, and my car won't start again. Apparently the alternator is out. This is just too much for me. I grab the wheel and scream in frustration.

So now I'm stuck. I can't go get a new phone, and I can't call anyone about my car. Agh. My brother will be back in a little while...and we can start working on both problems. But until then, I am sooooo frustrated! And I don't have time for this! I have way too much studying to do as it is! I'll never get it all done, and now I'm going to be behind....AGH! Pardon me while I freak out!


***
Update: the phone is now working. The car is not. But my brother and his uber smart engineering friends (wink to Karen) know what is wrong, how to fix it, etc. Yay for boys! And my mom is coming to town tomorrow to taxi me around. Yay for moms! I'll be particularly sleep-deprived this week, but oh well. God is good, whether my stuff works or not, and no matter how tired or stressed out I am. And acknowledging that, of course, puts everything in a much more manageable perspective. Peace out...

3 comments:

Jill said...

maybe this is dumb, but did you try taking off the phone's battery for a few minutes?

Jennifer R. said...

Lol that is exactly what I was thinking, Mr. Ritchie. At least I didn't stomp on mine. :)

And Jill, that is probably a good suggestion...my brother did something (might have been the battery, I don't know) that miraculously restored it. Yay for my phone working again! Too bad the car isn't as simple. Hehe.

Jennifer R. said...

Uber smart...I never use that phrase. It was just for you, K.

It's 2007. So What's the Big Deal?

Happy New Year! You know, this is the first year in a long time that I've actually made a New Year's Resolution. Here it is: GET MAR...