18 October 2005

Celebrating a Year

Sunday was a special day for my boyfriend and me. We had been together for exactly one year! So we reminisced a little (yeah, last year, that was the day we went to see Les Miserables, and then we stayed up all night watching movies and baseball...), gave each other little gifts, and spent the evening at Gattiland! I loved Gattiland when I was a kid, and I hadn't been in ages. It was great fun; we watched the NLCS Game 4 while we ate our pizza, then ran around in the arcade for a while. He beat me at air hockey, but I beat him on the car racing game. And then we played Go Fish with the new deck of cards we had redeemed our tickets for. And then we went back to my apartment and watched Top Hat, which was also great fun because I love Fred Astaire. So overall, it was just a lovely evening.

Some of my girlfriends were a little shocked that we had planned to go to Mr. Gatti's for our one year anniversary. They said, shouldn't y'all be doing something a little more, you know, romantic? But they didn't understand that, for us, romance isn't tied to things like white tablecloths and roses or whatever. Romance is smiles, and laughter, and good conversations. Romance is doing things together that you like. Romance is growing together in love for God and love for each other. Romance is experiencing life, together. So there's nothing about going to Gattiland that's inherently unromantic. On the contrary, it was perfect. :)


Now on a completely unrelated note...this is a really great year for my football teams. Both my Texas Tech Red Raiders and my Indianapolis Colts are undefeated so far. Yay! But Tech probably won't be undefeated after this weekend. We're playing Texas, in Austin! Yikes. Still, we've got a chance. In football, you always have a chance. And we're pretty talented this year. We'll see what happens.

Oh, and did any of you watch the NLCS Game 5, Cards vs. 'Stros, last night? I heard only the ninth inning on the radio, but it was enough. What a heartbreaker! The Astros were 1 out away from going to the World Series for the first time ever, but one hung slider, and whammo! It's time for Game 6. (Yeah, I know, technically it was a base hit, a walk, and then a hung slider, but regardless of the men on base, if Lidge had gotten Pujols to strike out/fly out/ground out/pop out/line out/ANY OLD OUT the game would have been over and the 'Stros would have won the pennant.) But that's baseball for you. Until that last out is recorded, anything can happen. I like that about the sport, I just wish the Astros had won. Oh well...they've got another chance. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow night...

* * *
Heck yes my Astros are in the Series! Yay!

5 comments:

GravyGal said...

Sounds like a great evening. You probably know this, but we used to go to Mr. Gattis all the time when we were younger. Pizza then Half Price Books (if I'm remembering correctly). Good times. Glad yall had fun. ;)
Ems

Jill said...

any given Saturday, lady! it could happen!

missed you last night at that small group i don't actually go to...

Jennifer R. said...

I like all Texas teams! That's what makes them mine! And yeah...so maybe going back to H-town will help with the whole winning thing? Lol. I gotta admit the game tonight (game 2) was fun to watch, even though we lost. :( I just love seeing the game played, I guess!

Rambling Rose Cottage said...

I've never heard of Gattiland. It sounds like some kind of Texan mafia place! LOL

You are absolutely right about romance. Romance can be flowers and moonlit nights but romance can also be plain quiet moments together doing nothing in particular.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter forecast[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]bio wetter[b][/url]

It's 2007. So What's the Big Deal?

Happy New Year! You know, this is the first year in a long time that I've actually made a New Year's Resolution. Here it is: GET MAR...