08 November 2005

A Break, At Last

This weekend I finally managed to get away from it all! I went down to the Metroplex with my boyfriend to visit his family for their Reformation Day party. (And for those of you who are wondering, no, I did not hide this time.) It was such a fun and relaxing weekend; I needed it! I even skipped the Texas A&M at TTU football game (collective gasp)--and I didn't regret it at all. The Reformation Day party was Friday night, and then Saturday we didn't do much except run around in a new mall out there. Saturday night we went on a hayride and cooked out with people from their church. It was so much fun to ride outside on the hay; we were out in the country so I got a good look at the stars that night. Venus was particularly beautiful, and the Pleiades (also known as Subaru in Japanese) were clearly visible. It was lovely. Sunday was great, too. We went to church and then went to lunch, so we got to visit with everybody before hitting the road again and having a nice drive home. My boyfriend and I always have great trips together; I suppose that's because we never really run out of things to talk about, and if we do we can always turn up the radio loud and belt out a little Collective Soul or something. Six hours isn't really all that bad when you're having fun hanging out. The trip home did get a little interesting, though, when I had to drive. His car is a standard, and I don't really know how to drive a standard, but he was tired so I had to take the wheel. Once I got on the highway, of course, it was smooth sailing, but it was a little hairy there for a bit while I was getting there. Yeah, I killed it a couple of times. Hehe. Maybe someday I should let someone teach me to drive a standard, and actually practice. I've just been too lazy, I guess. But anyway, we got home safe and sound. This morning I had such a hard time getting out of bed and going back to the daily grind, but it's been a good and productive day. I am now prepared to press on until Thanksgiving...which isn't too far away! Yay!

2 comments:

Jill said...

amen -- driving a standard is a must!

which mall did you go to? was it Firewheel Towne Centre? (i don't know where they put all the "e"s in that.) that's like 2 minutes from my parents' house!

Jennifer R. said...

Yes! It was that one. Pretty cool place, and not far from where they live either.

It's 2007. So What's the Big Deal?

Happy New Year! You know, this is the first year in a long time that I've actually made a New Year's Resolution. Here it is: GET MAR...