05 January 2006

Random Stuff...

Christmas break is almost over. It's been too short, but rather lonely, so I guess I'm ready for what the next semester will bring me. I went to buy my books today...an activity which always makes me excited, in a nerdy sort of way, just before my semesterly heart attack over how many books I have and how much they cost (this year, 10 books for 4 classes). The part of me that loves studying and wants to go to Harvard for grad school and reads history books for fun...yeah, the nerdy part, gets really really excited in the bookstore. Of course, there's another side of me that just wants to spend time with people and keep a reasonably clean house, and that part cringes at the idea of having to read all those books in the span of four months. But anyway, mission accomplished. I am particularly intrigued by the books in my Texas History course. One of them is called Pigskin Pulpit: A Social History of Texas High School Football Coaches. Kind of random, huh? I like football though, maybe it'll be interesting.

In other news, I must admit with a certain amount of shame that I'm becoming addicted to a TV show. Worse, it's a reality show. I watched "Dancing with the Stars" tonight, and despite the fact that it's a complete waste of my time, I can feel the addiction coming on. I just love ballroom dancing, so even though some of these "stars" are really bad at it, I'm hooked. I'm already planning on watching the results show tomorrow to see who gets voted off first...oh dear. :)

Quote of the Day:
"I think [Charlotte Church] sounds like the soundtrack to a Teletubby-infested bad dream." --Bro

No comments:

It's 2007. So What's the Big Deal?

Happy New Year! You know, this is the first year in a long time that I've actually made a New Year's Resolution. Here it is: GET MAR...