18 March 2006

A Foggy Day in Lubbock Town

The drought is finally over! It hasn't rained substantially here since around August, but it finally came today. Naturally, every customer who came into the pharmacy felt the need to inform me that it was raining, and that boy, we sure needed it. :) I didn't really mind, though: it gave them something to talk about besides how expensive their meds are.

Tonight as I was driving back into Lubbock from my hometown, the rain was finished but the fog was so dense I felt I could hardly see. There were some moments when it was so thick I felt like I was floating through a cloud in my car. That may sound pleasant and all, but it was actually kind of frightening. Still, I made it home in one piece.

This is a very mundane post, but I'm afraid I've nothing much to report since Spring Break has consisted entirely of work (50+ hours) and working on my big research paper in my seminar class. The paper's finished, and work was fine, but that's all very boring. Sorry, it's all I have to offer right at the moment.

In sports news, the Red Raiders beat the Longhorns in baseball today, 2-1. Our pitcher threw a complete game! (A baseball fan's dream...) Tomorrow's the rubber match, and I really hope we win, not only for the team's sake but also so I can rub it in to my two Longhorn coworkers...

So now that I have finally have some time to relax (and my brain is obviously fried), I guess I'll go vegetate and read about Italy. I approach every big event in my life by researching it (yes, I'm a bit of a Hermione that way), and this trip is certainly no exception. Today I'm particularly excited by the work of Michelangelo...and I would show you, but Blogger's being cranky. Don't worry, you'll get more than you ever wanted to see later, I'm sure!

2 comments:

Lauree Frances Keith said...

What is your topic?

Jennifer R. said...

It's on Homer...basically I analyzed the Iliad and used archaeological and textual evidence to try to figure out what historical time period he's talking about. I like Homer, but it's the most boring paper ever. I guess I just don't give a hoot when the story was set; the important thing about the Iliad is how it's impacted society and still is a compelling story thousands of years later. Details bore me. But anyways, it's over. :)

It's 2007. So What's the Big Deal?

Happy New Year! You know, this is the first year in a long time that I've actually made a New Year's Resolution. Here it is: GET MAR...