24 March 2006

Laughter Really is Medicine!

One lesson I've learned this week is the need for laughter in one's life. I was completely at the end of my rope yesterday--stressed out--and was saved in the nick of time by a neck massage from my boyfriend and a good dose of laughter from my crazy friends at Bible study. I needed that. I've never had a more stressful semester, academically anyway. But I'm just having to learn to do my best and then let go. That's easier said than done, for me anyway. I'm learning, though, and it helps to remember that my self-worth and identity lie in Christ alone, in His finished work on the cross, and they have nothing to do with the ephemeral "success" found in this world. :)

***

One reason I love my new coworker Becky:
Becky: Matt [another coworker], are you feeling bad today?
Matt: Yeah, Richard got me sick yesterday.
Becky: Were you kissing, or what?
Currently Listening: "Non Dimenticar" by Giuseppe De Stefano from Viva Italia

2 comments:

Jill said...

i really think one of the greatest benefits of weeknight small groups is the therapeutic effect of our crazy friends.

Nomos said...

I love laughing (who doesn't?). It brightens the entire day when you see, or hear some random thing like that conversation.

It's 2007. So What's the Big Deal?

Happy New Year! You know, this is the first year in a long time that I've actually made a New Year's Resolution. Here it is: GET MAR...