07 June 2006

Ego, Femina Sapientiae

One of my wisdom teeth came in this week. Isn't that wild? I had no idea it was there until I suddenly felt something hard back there on Sunday. At this point, it isn't clear whether I'll have to get these guys removed or not. At the moment, I appear to have plenty of room, since they pulled 8 of my adult teeth during my braces stage...and the new guys don't seem to be pushing against my teeth or hurting or anything.

I hope I don't need surgery. In any case, it wouldn't happen until I got back from Rome...but blech.

So, in celebration of my wisdom teeth, I've decided to feel particularly wise this week. It's a good week to feel wise, since this is my first week as a Bible study leader with my church. Sunday was our leaders' meeting, and yesterday I met for the first time with my teaching partner Jonny, to prepare for tonight's study at our pastor's house. I am feeling well prepared and fairly confident (wise, yes, wise), especially since I have absolute confidence in Jonny to be a very capable leader. We actually just met each other on Sunday, about 30 minutes before we found out we were going to be teaching together. ("Uh, yeah, Nathan's not here so...why don't you teach with Jonny?") Lol. But anway, I think Jonny is awesome, and perhaps one of the best people in the entire ministry they could have teamed me with. We haven't had any major theological disagreements yet, although we jokingly considered holding a debate over the issue of predestination...just to see all sides of the issue, of course...and we both approach the Scripture in a similar way. We also have a lot in common just generally, since I'm a Classics person and he's a Philosophy person with a strong Classical background...so yeah, it's pretty cool. I think we'll make a great team. Hopefully he feels reasonably confident in me, too.

In other news, I've been transforming slowly but surely into a morning person (yeah, it's crazy, I know). I get up at 6:30 because I want to...I like to linger over my coffee and breakfast in the mornings before I got to work at 8:30. Who would have ever thought this girl would do something nutty like that? It's a good thing it's happening, though, because this fall I have 8 am classes Monday through Thursday!

Also, I've been heeding the principle of sanis mens in sani corpe (sound mind in a sound body), and trying to get myself back into something resembling shape. After an entire school year of neglect, because of lack of time, my poor body was getting a little flabby. I had to buy a summer membership to the rec center, but I think it's worth it. I'm certainly trying to get my money's worth...I go every day except Sunday, and I already feel much better (it's only been one week since I went back). Some days I swim, some days I run on the elliptical or ride the bike (or anything I can find that won't kill my knees)...and I meet my pastor there fairly often. It's fun.

Well, now it's time for me to get ready for work...

Have a great day!

No comments:

It's 2007. So What's the Big Deal?

Happy New Year! You know, this is the first year in a long time that I've actually made a New Year's Resolution. Here it is: GET MAR...