09 June 2006

La la la la la la life is wonderful...

I am a very happy person. Perhaps this is why I have a hard time thinking of something interesting to blog about. Happy people are boring. This is why movies are only happy at the end...they'd get really boring really quickly if they kept going past that point where the couple kisses at the end and drives off into the sunset.

But I never said I wanted my life to be like a movie.

Other than working, and working out, I've just been doing some more preparations for my upcoming trip, hanging out with my roommate (whose life is a heck of a lot more eventful than mine...), reading a bit and studying my teaching materials, and spending time with various other friends. Tomorrow I am going home to see the parents, then coming back to have movie night with the Classics girls and later a concert at a coffee shop in which two of my friends are playing. Then Sunday is the usual church, leaders' meetings and hanging out with church folks...

So yeah. Boring. But great.

By the way, my first Bible study as a leader went beautifully. I felt like both Jonny and I taught effectively; we had some great discussion and ultimately, I felt, learned a lot in the process. Jonny is totally awesome (which I think I've mentioned before), and now I know that I'm not going to clam up and pass out next time I'm put in a leadership position...so it's great.

After Bible study was over, I was so exhausted, but it felt so good...because I know I'm doing something that I'm supposed to be doing, and I know I'm helping people in some way and contributing to God's glory here on earth. In a small way, to be sure, but still important. It's great.

And, in other news, I just received my housing assignment from Study Abroad Italy and discovered that I'm going to be staying with 4 other girls in an apartment. That will be interesting, to say the least... But I'm up for it! And I'm up for the no AC, no clothes dryers, no living rooms (apparently Italians live in the kitchen), and everything else they've prepared me for. I simply can't wait!

Currently Listening: "Ready for the Good Times" by Shakira from Laundry Service

1 comment:

Jennifer R. said...

She's been a guilty pleasure of mine for a while...but I just recently caved in and downloaded her album...lol.

Tonight was nice. Yay for Sugar Brown's and Amadeus!

It's 2007. So What's the Big Deal?

Happy New Year! You know, this is the first year in a long time that I've actually made a New Year's Resolution. Here it is: GET MAR...