17 August 2006

Lee and the Kiddoes

Alright, time for a real post. I don't have time to ramble tonight (I ought to be in bed already), so I'll just let the pics do most of the talking.

My best friend in the world is seven years older than me. People always think it's a bit strange that we were inseparable when I was in junior high and she was in college, but it's true. My friend Lee knows me as well as anyone in the world, and we've always been thick as thieves. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding (when I was fifteen), and now she's a happy wife and mother of 3 beautiful boys. Here they are.

Levi, the oldest, is 3 years old:

Levi is a very sweet child. He is very sensitive to the feelings of those around him, especially his mom. He is always trying to make sure she is feeling happy. His sensitivity can also be rather funny, however, when he (often) comes crying to Lee over the slightest physical injury, real or imagined, and usually receives her "tough love" response: "Oh, you're fine, stop crying and walk it off!"

Jonah, the second son, will be 2 years old in September:

Jonah is the toughest little kid ever. He goes tumbling off of tables and things, and he never cries or misses a beat. It's unbelievable, and rather comical next to his big brother's sensitivity. He is also very articulate--he speaks in sentences already, and he's not even 2 yet! Amazing kid. As you can see in this picture, he likes tomatoes.

And last but not least, Malachi (we call him Mickey) is six months old: He's the most laid-back child I've ever seen. He likes to be held, or just to sit and watch the world go by, as his mom would say. Even when he's unhappy, he just cries so quietly. He's sweet. When I go to see them, I like to hold Mickey the whole time. I'm so glad he doesn't have stranger anxiety yet. :)

When Lee took this picture of me and Mickey, Levi demanded to see it. When we showed it to him on the camera, he declared with firm approval, "Oh, that's cute!" Haha.

Well, time for bed. Good night!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I can relate to this Levi kid. Being the oldest is tough - you have the weight of the world on your little shoulders! And that Mickey fellow is so like Marta. I think the dynamics of siblings, particularly when there are three of the same gender, are fascinating.

It's 2007. So What's the Big Deal?

Happy New Year! You know, this is the first year in a long time that I've actually made a New Year's Resolution. Here it is: GET MAR...