16 August 2006

Soundtrack of My Life

Alright, I'm jumping on Karen's and Cassie's and Jill's bandwagon.

Here's my soundtrack...it wasn't done at random, of course. You guys know I could never allow something so important (lol) to be done at random--and besides, I listen to a lot of classical music, which would never do for this. Soundtracks need lyrics. I said once that I could make one using only Collective Soul songs, and I hold to that, but I decided to branch out for this one.

So here's what a little thought and a few decisions came up with:

Opening Credits: “Another Day” by Steven Deloupolos
“I nursed my coffee till the dawn
And waited for another day...”

Average Day: “Breathe In” by Frou Frou
“I have to be somewhere—
Now where did I put it?”

First Date: “I Should be Sleeping” by Emerson Drive
“I should be sleeping ‘stead of keeping
These late hours I’ve been keeping,
I’ve been pacing and retracing every step of every move...”

Love Scene: “The Way You Look Tonight” by Michael Buble
“With each word, your tenderness grows,
Tearing my fears apart,
And that laugh that wrinkles your nose,
It touches my foolish heart...”

Breaking Up: “Life Got in the Way” by Sister Hazel
“And I wanted you so much
Just like I do right now,
I wanted us to be the ones
The poets write their books about,
I wanted it to last,
I wanted to grow old,
But life got in the way...”

Long Night Alone: “I am a Rock” by Simon and Garfunkel
“I am a rock, I am an island...
I have my books and my poetry to protect me...”

Getting Back Together: “Brighter than Sunshine” by Aqualung
“I never understood before
I never knew what love was for,
My heart was broke, my head was sore,
What a feeling...
What a feeling in my soul,
Love burns brighter than sunshine...”

Life’s Okay: “Better Now” by Collective Soul
“Oh I’m newly calibrated,
All shiny and clean,
I’m your recent adaptation,
Time to redefine me...
Let the word out, I’ve got to get out,
Oh I’m feeling better now!”

Driving: “Next Homecoming” by Collective Soul
“I cleared the road wide open,
So put your hand on the wheel and steer...”

Learning a Lesson: “Sorry” by Bic Runga
“I’ve been looking ‘round the pantry for a box of sorries,
I’m all run out, yeah, I’m all run out...
It’s not that hard to say, I know,
It’s not that hard to say, so why can’t I say it now?”

Partying: “Ready for the Good Times” by Shakira
“I’m ready for the good times,
I’m ready for the good times,
Now that I’m not alone...”

Happy Dance: “E Raffaella E Mia” by Tiziano Ferro
E Raffaella canta a casa mia,
E Raffaella balla a casa mia
...”

Regretting: “A Long December” by Counting Crows
(although almost any Counting Crows song can fit into this category)
“I can’t remember all the times
I try to tell myself to hold on
To these moments as they pass...”

Death Scene: “With Hope” by Steven Curtis Chapman
“We can cry with hope,
We can say goodbye with hope,
Because we know our goodbye is not the end,
We can breathe with hope,
Because we believe with hope,
There’s a place where we’ll see your face again...”

Closing Credits: “Holy Sunlight” by Steven Deloupolos
“Holy sunlight, holy rain
Lead me for salvation,
The distant gospel train...
Oh the ocean’s deep enough to drown,
But I feel the sailboat’s close around me,
He will find me in time...”

1 comment:

Jill said...

Good ones! I enjoyed that, and I agree about Counting Crows for sure.

It's 2007. So What's the Big Deal?

Happy New Year! You know, this is the first year in a long time that I've actually made a New Year's Resolution. Here it is: GET MAR...