12 September 2005

"Greek to me" is a hackneyed phrase!

Well, I'm taking Greek this semester (classical Greek), and every time I mention it, or do my homework in public, or think about it, somebody has to tell me that "it's Greek to me!" This is turning into a pet peeve. I am always saying silly smart-aleck things like that, too; this is probably why it bothers me so much. My own failings are the ones that rub me raw the most.

And that's probably why I get so annoyed in my Honors class this semester. My classmates annoy me because they just think they're so smart. They're always popping off and acting like they know everything, and this drives me crazy. But you see, I think the reason it annoys me so much is because, despite the fact that I am usually less vocal, I always think I know everything too. It's a failing I always struggle with...because darn it, I'm just pretty sure I'm right all the time! Hehehe. Pride cometh before a fall, however. I nearly flunked a Greek quiz last Friday. This so-called classics major didn't know her Greek alphabet. Duh.

So anyway...I'm not so smart. I'm not so humble either. I'm trying hard though!

Keep it real guys...

1 comment:

aikou Iesu said...

I still have the problem of thinking I know everything, and if people think it is bad now, they should have seen me when I was in High School. When I have to ask someone what something means it reminds me that, "Hey hey hey, you do not know everything!" It actually helps me to think that people are better than me and know more than me to control my big head ideas and be humble. That is really hard to do. I am glad you said that, because it is nice to know people with the same issues and know you go through the same things. Hope you can learn stuff for your class. Have a great day!

It's 2007. So What's the Big Deal?

Happy New Year! You know, this is the first year in a long time that I've actually made a New Year's Resolution. Here it is: GET MAR...