26 August 2006

I Love Weddings!

...especially ones that are done right. Tonight was the wedding of two of my friends, and it was lovely. It was a very God-centered, good ceremony, followed by a reception where great fun was had by all.

I got to see several good friends of mine, including Laura, shown here:
The ceremony was held in this really historic and pretty building downtown. It's got a balcony all around the main room, and most of the college kids got to sit up there. One of my girl friends, who was sitting in the balcony with a whole group of us, dropped her purse over the railing and it hit some guy on the head who was sitting down below. Lol we're pretty sure he was okay, though. Then, not long before the ceremony, there was apparently an exploding toilet episode (the guests were cleaning up toilet water), but it was resolved in time for the important stuff to go perfectly smoothly.

Afterward, they had a great reception. There was real food there (you should have seen Jonny packing it away), and a dance, and the bride and groom mingled with everyone. We did the hokey-pokey (sp?), followed by a rousing game of musical chairs:


Then, my boyfriend--amid fierce competition (wink)--ended up catching the garter. He's wearing the dark coat, while his roommate Brent is looking on in amusement, wearing the white shirt:

You know, that's the second garter he's caught in the space of 4 months. Hmm. I have a suspicion that these things keep getting aimed at him. :)

So anyway, it was a fun evening. One of the highlights for me personally was when Brent, completely out of the blue, hollered at me, "Jenny! I'm loving the dress!" I had just bought it earlier this afternoon, since I wanted something appropriate for the occasion. I believe I had some of the girl friends compliment it too, but Brent's comment was the best, since guys (unlike girls) will never compliment your dress just because they can't think of anything else to say. They pretty much will only say something if they mean it. So I consider that one a very high honor. :)

So that was tonight. Good food, good fun, and I wish Alissa and Andy all the happiness in the world. I'm very confident that they will go the distance!

Now it's time to put the roast in, and then to bed. Good night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any chance we'll get to see the dress?

DonKhan said...

strangely enough, dear old Pizzaman used to have some sort of issue with catching garters....you should ask him about it :)

Jennifer R. said...

Oh believe me, we've discussed it. ;) It's part of why I'm highly amused by this trend!

DonKhan said...

yeah, I should've figured you had :)

It's 2007. So What's the Big Deal?

Happy New Year! You know, this is the first year in a long time that I've actually made a New Year's Resolution. Here it is: GET MAR...